Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Waiting

What does God want from our lives? I know what I am suppose to do today and tomorrow. Isn't that enough?
I know we need to move -- although I can never seem to explain why to anyone else. Sometimes I feel like Abraham. Called to go somewhere, but not knowing where. Wanting to do something that matters for eternity but feeling like we have no direction on what that is. Obviously this includes teaching our children the best we can to love and obey God, honoring God through our marriage, loving our neighbors, etc... The list could go on and on. So why this restlessness?
God says He gifts His people to serve the church. But what are our gifts? Or what if the church doesn't see the same gifts or any gifts?
Moses was 80 when God called him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Caleb was in his eighties when God used him to wage a war for a mountain. Isaac and Rebekkah waited 20 years for God to give them a son.
Waiting. We are not too old to wait longer. I've heard that God can use someone of any age -- that in a symphony not all the instruments play at the same time. So our instruments are silent and we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment