Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Never Alone

This post is for any mother out there who might be like me. I just want her to know she is not alone.
Today my house looks like someone just went through each room and threw everything that should be on a shelf or in a closet on to the floor. In reality my boys built two different forts, and then did their schoolwork leaving the books and papers and pencils scattered all around. Speaking of schoolwork. I have been trying to home school my children, but not finishing the assignments for each day. They do not understand their math or grammar, and it makes me wonder if they remember anything I have tried to teach them. My sink is so overflowing with dishes that I can't even use it. My bathtub has soggy, dirty towels piled high from when the toilet overflowed twice and we used every towel in the closet. I have been doing laundry and can't seem to finish those towels. Maybe because my children keep wetting the bed and I have endless other laundry. It is raining and it hardly ever rains here, but now I have a pile of split wood that I didn't find time to stack on the porch and it is getting all wet. Besides that my boys left their toys out in the yard and our rake and shovel. I let the fire go out twice after I struggled to light it with wet wood.
I feel like I am drowning in mess and chaos, and wonder if I am the only one who can't seem to manage a house. How do I know I am the only one? I have read the blogs.
So like I said earlier, if you happen to be like me, wondering why you are the only one who doesn't do her tasks amazingly well -- Read this.
You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment