Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thank you?

Today my son told his brother that I was a mean parent. I know my job is not to make them like me, and I know that what we decided to do is to help them, not hurt them; still, it stings. Our boys seemed to be increasingly ungrateful. We have been away from home for about three weeks for my husband's work. Perhaps they have gotten use to less chores, more food options, being able to watch something on t.v. in the evening, going to a park or pool every day. Wow. As I write this, I feel like they had the life. So Eric and I agree we need to cut back. We are home now. Everyone in the family works together to keep the house running smoothly. (Or at least running) We need to hear more thank yous and less complaining. And now I am mean.
I am grateful for my children, but sometimes I wonder why God gave them to me, because I don't know how to raise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment