Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sick with Sweets

Tonight my son Zac asked me for a healthy snack. I gave him some frozen strawberries. It reminded me of when he told me, "A righteous man always eats his fruits and vegetables first." We told him that although fruits and vegetables are healthy, "righteous" is taking it a little too far.
I was just reading the other day about "studies" that had shown the effects of sugar. Studies sounds so like the ambiguous "they", I did not see a source cited. They claimed that sugar actually paralyzes the white blood cells of the immune system for up to half an hour.
So I found a source...

In the book "Get The Sugar Out" by Ann Louise Gittleman M.S. C.N.S Ms. Gittleman says, "No matter what form it takes, sugar paralyzes the immune system in a variety of ways:

Sugar has been proven to destroy the germ-killing ability of white blood cells for up to five hours after ingestion.
http://www.immunesystemetc.com/Sugar.html

Why do I have to like sugar so much? I know it's bad for me. It slowly kills me, yet I keep eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment