Saturday, September 19, 2009

Utah, the Beautiful

I think I am infatuated with Utah. We picked up a Utah travel guide in the airport and I still have it on our end table in our living room. I pick it and look at the pictures. It's a well-designed book, so to compare the states fairly I suppose I should have a book designed by the same people for each state. But since I don't -- Utah is one of the best!
I cannot get over the beauty of the state. In the opening pages of the travel guide the writers make this lofty claim,
"Exclamations, superlatives, declarations...
Words used to evoke sentiments, feelings and remembrances
of a place so visual, so unique, so compelling that words alone
can never quite live up to the experience of having visited.

We have a word for this place...UTAH
Where your emotions are stirred,
your spirit if lifted.
Your senses rise. You soar. Life elevated.
In Utah you will discover...
A part of yourself you never knew existed.
Your life is changed.
You are elevated."

Ha! A little over the top? But I sit nodding over each phrase. It is so beautiful and rugged and unique. I've brought this book in the van to look through while my husband drives. I've dreamed about Utah. We've checked real estate in Utah. Last Sunday we were driving home from church and noticed in front of us a Utah license plate. Probably the only one in the whole city and it drove in front of us. Utah is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment