Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Reason to Love Heaven

For five years we have attended our church. Our friends have been there from the start. So much has happened in five short years. And now they are moving to Florida. My mind will not accept it. I just expect them to be there. If not this week, then maybe next. Maybe they are on vacation, or maybe someone is sick. What is wrong with me that I can't seem to accept reality? And then I wonder, why do I plan on leaving? How can I cause my friends that I leave behind the same pain?
And yet another part of me feels that the world is smaller than it use to be. That even in Florida they are still close. We will travel; we will see them again.
Each of us may take up different residence here on Earth, but one day we will all be together again. One day in Heaven when all things are made new, we will have all of eternity together.

1 comment: