Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homeless

Where is home? Today home is Oregon. Next month home will be Michigan. Soon after that home will be Florida. I guess I am homeless, but I do feel like I am rich with friends. They add so many unique personalities and interests and perspectives to a life.
This afternoon I spent time plastering a room with my aunt in their house. I enjoyed talking with her. I enjoy their kids too. Their son is running laps to win a trophey. I am amazed at his perseverance. He traced a picture of a tiger for me. Their daughter made me a card. Another one just climbs onto my lap. These are my friends.
Tonight we went for dinner at the home of someone here in Oregon that is a friend of my aunt and uncle. They didn't even know us, but Eric was going over to help with their computer and then they invited us for supper. I felt at home with them. Some people know how to love genuinely. It is so refreshing. They could be my friends too.
This weekend we are visiting more family in western Oregon. I am looking forward to time renewing relationships -- talking and laughing. More friends.
Then of course we will be heading back to Michigan for Christmas. My mom, and sister and brother-in-law, and even my sister-in-law from Pennsylvania will be there. My husband's brother and his family. Friends with a new baby. Friends that we share life with. All of them so different. Each adding a beautiful facet to our lives.
Then Florida, different friends, different interests, different conversations. We accept it all and enjoy each part of our friendships. Each person is so unique and yet each person is a brother or sister in Christ that I will spend eternity with.
I visit my aunt and uncle's church here in Oregon and I think -- this is part of my family too. Each person has a story and some day we will be together for eternity sharing life together.
Of course I think it is best to choose a spot to actually stay for awhile. A month really isn't long enough to really come along side someone during trials, or to really be an active part of a church. But where should our home be?

No comments:

Post a Comment