Wednesday, February 16, 2011

10:10

This past fall was a very important date in the lives of my husband and me. The date was October 10, 2010, or 10-10-10. For more than 15 years now I have prayed for my future husband (and then my actual husband) when I saw the numbers 10:10. It could be a date, a page number, a clock...
So in honor of our 10-10 anniversary in the year twenty-TEN, Eric and I played a game at Meijer to celebrate our married life together.
We each took turns picking one item from the shelves at Meijer that reminded us of our life together. We picked a total of ten items and the total price goal was ten dollars. (10,10)

1. A candle -- to represent romance, the bubble baths, candlelight dinners, etc...

2. A "Get Well Soon" balloon -- to represent the times of sickness, the chicken noodle soup that has been lovingly prepared, the middle of the night searches on the internet for information on how to relieve some ailment

3. A card about money -- to represent the countless business ideas and ventures my husband has had or tried, to represent our years of toil owning the tree service

4. Pencils -- to represent the love letters we have written to each other

5. Stickers -- to say I will stick with you, for better or worse

6. Power Steering Fluid -- to represent our vehicles, the repairs we are constantly needing (and God's faithfulness in keeping the vehicles going), the many vehicles Eric has given away, and the one he actually sold

7. Nail clippers -- to represent the times I have taken care of Eric by clipping his nails (This is one of those strange things I do for my husband because he likes it.)

8. Baby food -- to represent our children

9. Breath mints -- to represent the kisses

10. An apple -- to represent the fun times we have had together -- one of those fun times being apple-picking

Total cost including tax: $10.25

No comments:

Post a Comment