Monday, February 14, 2011

In Everything Give Thanks

I have baby-powder scented deodorant. I do not like baby-powder scented deodorant. It really is a puzzle to me anyways why people would make deodorant with the same scent that they use on babies' bottoms. It also reminds me of old people.
Yesterday morning my husband picks up my deodorant and reading the label says, "Now I know what that smell is...it's ladies' scent."
I guess on the label it also says something about being ladies' scent. Hesitantly I ask, "Is it bad?" Because personally I think it's bad.
He tells me that he always thinks I smell good. It must be the hairspray.
Someone gave me this deodorant. And actually I have another new stick of deodorant in my drawer that someone else gave me and it is also baby-powder scented. Do people like this smell?
Now I know that God provided this deodorant for me and I know He knows all my thoughts, so He knows I don't like it. It reminds me of another time that someone gave us a bunch of hot dogs when we could use some help with groceries. God knows I don't like hot dogs. Perhaps God does have a sense of humor. Perhaps I am learning to be grateful. Tomorrow I will probably find twelve sticks of baby-powder deodorant on my doorstep, and I will thank the Lord! So through hot dogs or baby powder, we thank God that He does provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment