Sunday, December 27, 2009

Irrational Fears

Sometimes I lose confidence and start wondering how I can do anything -- even things we desire. How can I move out west? How can I leave my friends, my church, my familiar environment? How can I start a new life in a place I've never been?
We would like to have another baby some day, but I wonder how can I ever have a baby again? How can I go through labor? The fear creeps in and clouds my judgment -- making me feel hesitant.
Today at church our pastor spoke about how Jesus is the Prince of Peace. Great peace have those that love God's law. It is in God's law that we learn of His character, His power, and His promises.
Even right now I feel a little uneasiness in my stomach. How silly. At this moment nothing is even happening. I am in my bedroom, warm under my blankets. There is no new church or new house. My friends are here. I am completely comfortable. It is the future that I am afraid of now. And the future is so uncertain.
God says that I shouldn't worry about tomorrow because each day has enough trouble of its own. As I love God's law and meditate in it I learn that God cares for me, He has a plan, nothing can separate me from His love, He will never leave me, He will give me the strength I need when I am weak. The list could go on and on. Sometimes it's hard to change your feelings even when you know what is true. Peace can be hard work our pastor says. But if I keep fighting my fearful thoughts, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment