Sunday, December 6, 2009

Woman's Work

I wonder what is the woman's role in the family. Is she destined to be a wife and a mother? I was recently talking with someone whose daughter has a few different jobs in public relations. She takes care of the grandchildren and the housework during the day and then her daughter comes home in the evening and spends some time with her children. She told me that her daughter never really pictured herself being a full-time mom. Honestly, it does seem a little strange to me. Why have kids if you don't want to be with them? But I also think of my husband and I. He wants to open a computer store, and I think working in a camp ministry would be one of the best jobs. Computer stores bore me -- not him! He said it would be so great -- he would get to be the first to try out new software/hardware. But what I wonder is if because I am a wife and mother it doesn't matter what I desire or where I might be gifted because I will always be a wife and mother whatever my husband chooses for his career. I certainly wouldn't want him to be miserable doing what I wanted. Shouldn't God just lead us so clearly that where we are suppose to be will be somewhere that both of us want and are gifted for?

No comments:

Post a Comment