Monday, July 6, 2009

Bike Trip

Recently we went garage saling and replaced our boys' stolen bikes. So today I rode to the park with my boys -- their first trip on the new bikes. I am so worn out! I was behind the entire time, pedaling, pedaling, thinking in my head -- Slow Down! When the light turned red and they had to wait I was excited. Now I can rest. Now I can catch up.
At one point I tried to pedal in sync with Zac. (Micah was even farther ahead of me.) His little legs kept going and going. I thought, doesn't he ever need to take a break? Do his legs ever stop moving? Old commercials of the Energizer Bunny barge into my mind.
Now before I am labeled a complete weeny, I do have a lot in my defense. My tires were a little flat and I was pulling a trailer with two children in it.
I fought the impulse throughout the evening to tell Eric about our trip and how hard I worked. I want him to find out for himself. Next bike ride he will have the trailer and the two younger boys. Oh, poor Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment