Monday, July 6, 2009

Rip the Coupons!

I am so tired of couponing! I am tired of checking blogs for deals and freebies. I am tired of printing coupons and cutting coupons. I do not want to go to Meijer and spend 10 minutes trying to scan all my coupons, waiting for assistance as the light above the scanner flashes.
I do enjoy sales. I am excited by a good deal, but today I am tired. In the mail today we received two granola bars and one small tube of toothpaste. They were free samples. Shouldn't that inspire me?
I have been trying to spend ten dollars per person per week on supplies and food. It feels a little tight sometimes -- like tonight. We have succeeded for about two months now I think. Even as I write this I am reminded of people that spend about that much per month instead of per week and I wonder, what is the point of my feeble attempts?
So this week I am searching through Taste of Home magazines. I am feasting on the beautiful pictures. Enticed by grilling sensations, summer salads, and warm breads. This week I will not use one coupon. Oh, can I really do it? Can I let the deals slip by? Yes, I must be strong. I will try new recipes. I will grill. I will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment